Thursday, March 29, 2012

Saved By Love

Where has this month gone? What have I been doing?
I haven't the faintest idea!
Everything. And nothing.

This morning I sat in my livingroom, watching today's forecast (severe weather in the Midwest) and pondered my day. 

There's clutter. Clutter everywhere. In the livingroom. In the kitchen. In the dining area. In the yard. In my mind.

I had coffee with my Bible and My Utmost for His Highest. Did anyone else read today's?

"Jesus rarely comes where we expect Him; He appears where we least expect Him, 
and always in the most illogical connections." -Oswald Chambers

"You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour and a moment 
when you do not anticipate it." Luke 12:40 AMP

Thanking God for His Word and asking for focus for the day's tasks, I moved on.

After lunch, I determined to tackle the offending areas. First, I gathered my necessary tools: iced tea and music. This afternoon's selections? Black tea with blueberry. Amy Grant Greatest Hits.

Imagine my surprise when not too many songs into the album, Jesus met me right there in the kitchen. I don't mean in the flesh, but in the song, streaming from my computer speakers. 

The song spoke of family love and the love of Jesus. I was overtaken right there in the kitchen with the knowledge of Jesus' love for me.

My reading this morning rang true. You don't know when Jesus will appear in your everyday life, but be encouraged He is there.



Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?” 
Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? 
You have the words that give eternal life. 
We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God.” 
John 6:67-69 (NLT)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Calista. And yes, I am also ovwercome with the blessings of His gifts of joy, peaxe, love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did read that one! But it didn't really speak to me until now. Thanks! And I couldn't get enough of Amy Grant in Jr. High.. but this song means a lot more now that I'm a mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!