Thursday, June 13, 2013

When A Yard Becomes Holy Ground

When I visited my mom recently, I had church in her yard. Here are some of my meditations from the last several weeks and a few more pictures of her place.

* * * * * * *
Sitting out here on the glider swing in Mom's yard was all the church I needed that morning. 

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NLT

Bird song and rustling leaves led the praise. 

Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and 
let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.
Psalm 27:14 AMP

The same breeze strumming branches swirled sweet all around me, 
incense of wild rose, like the prayers of the saints.

...God has made me forget all my trouble..... God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction.
Genesis 41:51-52 NASB

My soul, hungry for that which satisfies forever, finds rich food to be slowly savored. 

...those who are according to the Spirit and are controlled by the desires of the Spirit 
set their minds on and seek those things which gratify the [Holy] Spirit.
...the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever].
Romans 8:5-6 AMP

Solitude that could be lonely is my invitation to sit awhile with the Lover of my soul. 

Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.
Luke 1:78-79 NLT

My Maker. My Redeemer. The One Who carries me and saves me every day.

Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4 NASB

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence 
and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8-9 NASB

* * * * * * *
I hope you have enjoyed getting a peek at my mom's place as much as I have enjoyed sharing it with you. 
If you missed the other posts, you can find them here and here.

Stay tuned, because we have been hard at work in our own yard the last couple weeks and I have some fun stuff to show you as soon as I get the mess cleaned up. To give you a little hint, the brick pile is considerably smaller than it was before.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sister! Beautiful. That's all I can think to say after that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!