Monday, November 12, 2012

Sunroom Project 3

I am excited to show you the next update on our sunroom. You can see earlier updates here and here.

One of the first essentials was a platform outside the screen door.

Next up...enclosing the base of the deck.
This will be painted to match the sunroom support beams.

Sorry raccoon family. You're just going to have to find a different place to sleep!
(Yes, four raccoons came nightly to finish the cat food and sleep under the deck.)

The wall we added is insulated, drywalled, mudded, and painted.
Sub-floor is installed. Electrical outlets installed and working.

Now for the tricky part.

How on earth are "we" going to make the beams connecting the sunroom to the side of the house presentable? I use the word "we" loosely. I am the brains; hubby is the brawn. 

We have loads of crown molding, so decided to try cutting it to fit around the vertical supports.

It worked!

Brian covered the gap under the molding with another narrow length of lumber.

A tidy finish, don't you think?

To finish it off, the gaps and holes will be caulked, 
smoothed over and everything will be painted to match the wall.

At the end of day we were treated with this spectacular sunset.
So many brilliant colors!

The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
    The skies display his craftsmanship.
Psalm 19:1 NLT


7 comments:

  1. Love it! Just hope the raccoons got out BEFORE you put the last board up around the foundation. I'm waiting for my invitation to see it live and in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - it must be time for coffee, I mean, hot chocolate at my place, huh? I know, I know, you like it with extra chocolate and very hot. :-) As for the raccoons, they are long gone!

      Delete
  2. Poor little raccoon family :)! Way to go, Calista - you guys have been busy over there, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you saw how fat and sassy that raccoon family was you wouldn't say poor raccoons. They would come right up, sit on the ledge, and stare in the window at Brian while he sat reading at night! Bold, very bold!

      Delete
  3. I am excited to watch your sun-room being built. My husband and I built a screened-in-porch, off from our kitchen about twelve years ago and it is our favorite room in the spring, summer and fall. You and your family are going to get so much pleasure from this new addition. I must say that yours is much fancier than ours.
    I am your newest follower and I would love to invite you over, my welcome mat is always out.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! Nice to meet you. Thanks for following. I'll be over to check out your blog in the next day or two. :-)

      Delete

  4. Love it! Poor little raccon family. Great work. I love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!