Thursday, December 22, 2011

All Moved (Mostly) and Slightly Decorated

Moving Day was a beautiful Saturday considering it was mid-December in the Midwest.  The awful cold I'd had during the packing marathon subsided just in the nick of time.

Forgot to take pics -- oh, well.  :-)

On Tuesday, enough of the clutter had been cleared away to get the Christmas tree set up.  It had been raining for two days, so it was soaked, but I think we got the last, best tree on the lot (for half off, too)!

It was so cold and wet the guy in the little tent in the garden center called someone from inside the store to cut and bag our tree.  He barely stuck his hand out to beep our other purchases.  He was not budging from his precious tent!

With Polar Express playing in the background we opened the containers that hold our collection of ornaments and started in.
  

Our Christmas tree is like the old crazy quilt my Grandma made.  The crazy quilt that my mom used to wrap us in when we were sick.  The crazy quilt I used to rub the velvet  pieces of fabric and trace the patterns of fancy embroidery with my fingers feeling ever so comforted and warm.  
(I could have used that crazy quilt last week.)



Our Christmas tree is full of all the random ornaments from ages past and just yesterday.

Sitting in our new living room with the tree glowing and the cats sniffing around was as soothing as being wrapped in the love embroidered into the quilt.


I wonder if Mary took a special quilt with her on their journey to Bethlehem.  I wonder if she took comfort in the years and tradition it caused her to remember.  I wonder if it gave her a sense of the familiar in her new surroundings.


Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father,
who has loved us and given us eternal comfort 
and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen 
your hearts in every good work and word.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17


3 comments:

  1. Nice post...thanks for sharing..happy holidays...soraya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree is absolutely beautiful! And I love the red Christmas picture!! I also really like your quote from Thessalonians!

    I'm a new follower from the Mingle with Us blog hop. Please feel free to come by my blog and if you like, follow back! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is gorgeous! Congrats on getting it up in such short time.

    I'm a new follower from the Mingle with Us blog hop.

    TaMara
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!