Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recovery and Looking Ahead

Our family Christmas celebration in the new house was grand!



Monday morning arrived and I moved from my bed to the kitchen for coffee then to the couch for the TV.  That is where I stayed pretty much the rest of the day.  I think with all the pressures lifted of remodeling, packing, moving, unpacking, and getting ready for Christmas my body said, "All done."  


After a couple days of rest I'm ready to go again.  I think I'll take alittle slower pace now that we're moved.  


Last night I looked at the jacuzzi tub in my bathroom and thought to myself how nice it would be to use it, so I got online to find out how to clean out the jets.  The article said to use one cup bleach and one-eighth cup dish soap.  Fill the tub with hot water and run the jets for 15 minutes.  Drain, then run another time or two with clear water.  I wasn't so sure about adding the dish soap, but that's what it said to do.  So,.....




This was only after about eight minutes.  A little longer and it would have run out onto the floor!  I drained the tub early then ran it again with water and bleach only - no soap!  All clean!  Bubble bath, here I come!


As usual, now I am thinking about goals for the year.  These are still in the process mode and will be shared in a day or two.  


What I do know at the moment is that the my well isn't dry, there's still water down there, but the pump definitely needs to be primed.  I'm in desperate need of some quiet time alone with my Bible, my notebook, my thankful list, and worship music.  Time to get the wellsprings bursting forth; I'm feeling just a bit dry at the moment.


The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water 
when you are dry and restoring your strength.  
You will be like a well-watered garden, 
like an ever-flowing spring.
Isaiah 58:11 NLT

Yep - time to prime the pump.

Also in the thought processes are projects!  Besides the various remodeling projects still on the board, we are looking at bookshelves and creative ways to store things in this old house that is short on extra closet space.  Here are just a few of my inspirations....

Pinned Image
Source
The stacked benches are just too much fun!

Pinned Image
Source
The tutorial for this wall of bookshelves can be found at Centsational Girl.  Isn't it cool?  We're going to do something similar.

Pinned Image
Source
The kitchen cabinet uppers turned storage bench is just genius!  I can think of at least two places where I could put one of these.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calista, Just ran into your blog and love it. What a wonderful house! Where is it located? I might try the cabinet refinishing kit. Mine could use the updating. We now have 7 grandkids and understand the need for room when we are all together. Isn't it just the best? Give our love to your family. Carolyn Fillingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the Carolyn Fillingham I know and love?!?! I was just thinking about your family the other day! Email me at ahouseandyard (at) gmail (dot) com so we can get in touch! --Calista

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get overwhelmed when there's a creative project to be done because i'm afraid i won't like it. i have an armoire that i have put off painting for about 10 years because i'm afraid if i paint it i won't like it, but it has a ton of creative potential! i love that you just set your mind to things and do things, it's inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!