Friday, December 2, 2011

Nannie's Christmas Box is Here!

Nannie is what my kids call my mom.

Right after Thanksgiving, Mom sends a "getting ready for Christmas" box in the mail to my family,
my sibling's families, and my two grown daughters.  I can't remember when she started this,
but it's something we look forward to every year. 

Who doesn't love to get a big box full of stuff in the mail?

This year's collection is a variety of new things and some old favorites.
Let's take a look inside!!
She always includes something she made by hand.  Here we have a lovely table runner!
Next are a few useful and educational things.
Here are some yummy mixes to try.
Of course, there is a large sampling of sweets to tempt us.
I call the Mocha Latte Espresso Beans!
Anna's Ginger Thins are amazing.
See the little snowball-looking thing?
It is literally a ball of sugar and at the center there is a nut.  A filbert, I think.  Yum.
Here we have the silly things.
The blue spider-thingy can be thrown at the wall where it sticks, then slowly "crawls" down.
The wind up rat?  Not so sure about that one.  Maybe that's for Hershey and Snickers.
Snickers would probably be scared of it.

And now for the weird Santa and Snowman Heads!
Look what they can do.....
I KNOW!  Just what we all need to make us happy during Christmas, right?  :-)

Thanks, Mom, for our Christmas Box!!

Isn't this a fun way to kick off the Christmas Season?

What would you include in a
"Getting Ready for Christmas" Box?

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love Stella!

    I would put chocolate, poinsettias, and Chex Mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! What a sweet mom you must have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome you have a wonderful mum. I have just found your lovely blog through your host blog hop wonderful to join in. I'm now following you hope you visit me and follow back so nice to find new friends to catch up with. Have a great day.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!