Monday, October 29, 2012

Did You See the Moon?

31 Days of Order - Day 29

Tonight I took a walk in the dark.

Source
The moon was high. The sky clear and the air crisp. The scent of burning wood told me someone in the nearby neighborhood was warm and cozy in their home.

I'd like to say I took this walk on purpose, but I can't because I didn't. My car broke down and I left my cell phone at home. Sigh - I was only driving a mile to mail some letters!

Well, I'm glad I forgot my phone and I'm glad I had to walk. I'm not glad I was wearing my slippers, though. Truthfully, it was less than half a mile right down the street from my house. Yes, I did have to walk past the cemetery, but that doesn't bother me. (Not even two days before Halloween. :-)) 

The moon was amazing tonight. Did you see it? If not, that's too bad. Check again tomorrow night. You won't be sorry.

What does this have to do with order? It was a reminder to me to take a break. My day was busy. This forced breather gave me time to look at God's creation; to drink in the mellow autumn and only then realize how thirsty I had been. 

Thanks be to God for His love and for filling me again. Gently reminding me of His presence and how much I need to be in that place. My hiding place.


* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.



3 comments:

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!