Sunday, October 7, 2012

Watching My Step


31 Days of Order - Day 7


I have found it ironic; this focus on order. One would think that in establishing order to one's life one wouldn't take on the daunting task of adding something else to the already out of control schedule. Hence, the need to think about order. When I am already having trouble keeping up with it all, does it make sense to decide to write every day?

I imagine part of this whole process will include an evaluation of the things that fill up my time. Many of them worthy, some not so much, but it's been awhile since I've run an assessment.

Today I am thinking about pathways. We all have a path and our paths look different. However, the promises of God for our individual paths are true.

You will show me the path of life; 
in Your presence is fullness of joy, 
at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. 
Psalm 16:11 AMP


He refreshes and restores my life (my self); 
He leads me in the paths of righteousness 
[uprightness and right standing with Him—
not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake. Psalm 23:3 AMP

Source
All the paths of the Lord are mercy and steadfast love, 
even truth and faithfulness are they for those 
who keep His covenant and His testimonies. Psalm 25:10 AMP

Source
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 
Psalm 119:105 AMP
Source
You sift and search out my path and my lying down, 
and You are acquainted with all my ways. 
Psalm 139:3 AMP


Let your eyes look right on [with fixed purpose], 
and let your gaze be straight before you. 
Consider well the path of your feet, 
and let all your ways be established and ordered aright. 
Proverbs 4:25-26 AMP


* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.


6 comments:

  1. I keep coming back to your blog. I am trying to get parts of my life in order and I find it to be inspirational. I found Psalm 16:11 to be especially meaningful today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments and am glad you are finding inspiration. I, too, love Psalm 16:11 - actually the whole chapter is one of my very favorite go-to passages. God bless.

      Delete
  2. I ditto Rennata........you are an inspiration Calista. You just keep writing every day. If you write it - we will read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting posts and nice photos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!