Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Get Out of Your Pit!

31 Days of Order - Day 31

I missed yesterday. It was in the back of my mind all day, but there was nothing new. There wasn't time or money to finish the small projects I had started. Any thoughts lead to a dead end. I hit a wall; looked at the screen and thought, "I have nothing of importance to say."

Oh well, thirty out of thirty-one isn't so bad! Right? Besides, I have something to say tonight and I hope it encourages you like it encouraged me.

Yesterday evening I was broadsided with a load of negative attitude. No rhyme or reason, just blah and phooey to the world. I suppose I could blame it on a rush of hormones or disappointment over missing a day of writing, but honestly, there was no explanation. Consequently, I started in on one of those "woe is me" prayers. Ever talk to God like that? Yeah, that's where I was. I dug a little pit and made myself comfy in the dirt. What a way to fall asleep! As a result, I was still in that pit when I woke up. It was past time to brush the dirt off my soul, so I grabbed my coffee and the Word, heading for a quiet spot.

My Bible reading this morning had me in Exodus, chapter 3 - Moses, the burning bush, and God's call. I was stopped in my tracks by verses 6 - 8. God introduces Himself to Moses in the most remarkable way. Here's the outline:

  1. God. I Am...
  2. I have seen...
  3. I have heard...
  4. I am concerned...
  5. I have come...
    1. ...to rescue
    2. ...and to bring you out of oppression...
      1. ...and into a good land.
Oh.oh.oh. These words drenched me, washing away every bit of soil. All the bad thoughts and feelings ran off into the ditch and on down the street. I was clean.

Of all the things in the whole world I could share with you, this is absolutely the most important. God is. He sees and hears you. God is concerned. And He has come to rescue you and bring you out of your pit and into a good place. Jesus, the Son of God, is the Savior of the world. Healer. Shepherd. Deliverer. Friend. Believe it.

This is the beginning of order. The schedule may be whacked. The projects may be halfway done and there may be dirty dishes in the sink. However, as long as Jesus is first in your life the stuff of life finds it's place. 

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, 
and all these things will be added to you. 
Matthew 6:33 NASB

I appreciate you, Readers, more than I can say. Thank you for checking in during the 31 Days series. I hope you have enjoyed it and will continue to hang around, joining in the conversation. You are a blessing to me. Good night and see you again soon.

* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.

To continue reading A House and Yard, subscribe to the email list or RSS feed. See the sidebar for links.


1 comment:

  1. well what a great wrap up to a great series Calista! it's amazing how the little things lead to so much of a burden in our lives, what a great reminder of who God is and trusting Him with everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!