Thursday, October 18, 2012

Friends Keep Me in Line

31 Days of Order - Day 18

If you have been following along and reading during my 31 Days series, thank you, thank you, thank you for hanging in here with me. Looking through my posts I can see where it would have been good for me to have had more of a plan, ordered my thoughts (what a concept), and presented you, dear readers, with a comprehensive system. But, hey, you can't give what you don't have, can you? I am figuring it out as I go along.

We are over half way through the month! So, like I said before, thank you for walking with me on this journey. It's an encouragement to me when you let me know, as many of you have, that you've been challenged and encouraged.

Today I am thinking about the importance of girlfriends, girl-time, and how that pertains to order.

God has provided for us everything we need for this life....

...His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness,
 through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 
2 Peter 1:3 NASB

spirit, soul, and body...

Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, 
and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless 
until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.  God will make this happen, 
for he who calls you is faithful. 
I Thessalonians 5:23-24 NLT

How does this fit in with girlfriends and girl-time? I am glad you asked. Today my soul was ministered to by spending time with friends.

This afternoon I enjoyed an excellent lunch and conversation at a local Mexican restaurant with a long time friend and colleague. We caught up on each others lives, shared goals and plans, and laughed.

Then, tonight was my Bunko night. Third Thursday of the month for Bunko has been on my calendar for 25 years or so. Two other women and myself have played together for most of that time and the others have been added over the years, including a few of our daughters. This multi-generational bunch is definitely a Titus 2 kind of bunch. Again, excellent food, conversation, and laughs.

I am a much saner person because of my girlfriends. Or perhaps it's the value of knowing I'm not alone in my craziness. Either way, my girlfriends are a blessing from God and I am better for having spent time with them.  


* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.



2 comments:

  1. Girlfriends.......we can't live without them! I still say our husbands should be SO thankful that we have girl time - or these hubbies would have to endure listening to us all the time. And, whadduya know - girlsfriends don't even mind listening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!