Monday, October 22, 2012

Kitchen Corner Reveal

31 Days of Order - Day 22

I am happy to be able to show you some pictures of the greatly improved corner in my kitchen.

This is what it looked like before....

I already showed you how I covered the back of the hutch with wrapping paper....

This is what it looks like now!
The bins store things like batteries, flashlights, bills, papers, 
computer disks, music CDs, and cooking magazines that need further organization 
(that's a project for another week).
The drawers contain school & art supplies: 
paper, pencils, pens, markers, sticky notes, cards, and so on.


I made the skirt out of cafe curtains. 
Since I'm not using it as a desk, I figured if it was covered I could still use it for storage. 
Ah - ah - ah...no peeking. Actually, it's clean under there, too. 
Our printer is hiding behind the pretty curtain.

I sewed the two panels together, folded and sewed down the top, 
then gathered the seam.
Using stick on Velcro, I attached it to the desk to hide the legs.

This little heart bowl has been my key holder for a long time. 
However, it used to be a dusty blue. Anybody remember that color from the eighties?
The frame got an update as well. Hurray for spray paint!
The autumn print is page from a calendar.

I got to dig out some decorations from the shed loft. It was like seeing old friends.

Stay tuned for an update on my efforts to toilet train the cats!!


* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.


* * * * * * * * * * *

Linking to....

Primitive and Proper




Lil\'Luna



 Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

     

20 comments:

  1. Love the bins! Great transformation. You go girl! Then come over here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great Calista! i love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hear you're working on turning your spare room into the baby's room. Looking forward to seeing it!

      Delete
  3. Very cool! Love the way you used the curtain! Fun bins to! The heart shaped bowl is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Winnie. I am super pleased with the curtain-to-skirt project.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that looks great!! Quite the improvement.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, I really love your skirt. And the papered background. Thanks for sharing such helpful tips. I'm a visual person and seeing 'how to' photos helps me organize better!
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A command station, clever! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that is just a cozy little corner of order ... well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Cozy is a good word for it.

      Delete
  8. Very cute and organized! I love the fabric skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! You've turned that corner into a really useful and attractive spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Richella. I love that it's no longer an eyesore! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!