Friday, October 12, 2012

Why Am I Running?

31 Days of Order - Day 12

Today I am joining 5 Minute Friday over at Gypsy Mama's place. If you're not reading her, skip on over and have a read. Good stuff.

Today's word is "race." Five minutes of writing non-stop. Go....

* * * * * * * * * * *

Race.

Race. Such a negative connotation for me. Guess I'm not very competitive. Oh yeah, and I don't like to run. Racing equals running in my mind.

Right now life seems like a race. There is much that needs doing and much that wants doing. Which one will win? The needs or the wants?

I suppose there is a race I can get into. Jesus, our High Priest, says to come boldly to the throne of grace, bringing all our stuff to leave there.

Here Jesus. Take my fear. Take my weariness. Take my indecision. Take my pride. Take my goals. Hear my cries. Hear my requests. Hear my praise.

Hallelujah! I have a God Who knows. I'm going to His throne. How about you?

Wanna race?


* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.


* * * * * * * * * * *



10 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about running! In my heart, I'd love to run, but once I'm out there, I feel like praying cause I feel like I'm dying! I'd much rather race to His Throne. Great post. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read someone else's blog post recently about exercise and wearing out the body being a good way to connect with God. I can be motivated by connecting with God. :-)

      Delete
  2. When someone says race...running is the first thing I think of too. I used to run, but unfortunately running is far behind me.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd much rather walk (and I do). That way I can enjoy the scenery.

      Delete
  3. Race................run the race cut out for ME, not someone else! That's my take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes and Amen! I 'm following close behind, carrying my stuff, to leave at His throne of grace! Enjoyed my visit from the Five Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie, thanks for stopping by. There's plenty of room at the Throne of Grace! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!