Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Made for Order

31 Days of Order - Day 16

I can't lie. I haven't the faintest idea what I'm going to talk about tonight. Free writing time.

Kitchen Corner
It's been a busy few days and I am in mid-project with some of things we've already discussed. The kitchen corner is progressing. Bins purchased. Trash trashed. Stuff sorted into appropriate piles to be stored elsewhere. I hope to finish Wednesday and take some pictures. Nothing camera-ready at this point. I think I've shown you enough pictures of my mess.

Litter Box Evacuation
Retraining the cats to use the toilet is going well. Basically, the first step was to move the litter box, a small pan that fits inside the toilet. Both cats are jumping up to use the new pan over the toilet with the new litter. There are removable disks in the pan starting from the middle, so the opening gets larger while the amount of litter get smaller until kitty is using the toilet without litter. It's been 8 days now, I've removed the center-most disk, and no accidents to date. Smart kitties!

More Thoughts on Order
I think our need for order must come from being made in the image of God. (Assuming you like order as much as I do.) In the beginning, the world and everything in it was created in an order so as to support the lives of all the things and beings to be created. We are told God made man in His own image.

We are also told...


While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, 
summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Genesis 8:22 AMP


Order. Sowing and reaping. Seasons. Days and nights. All in order.

My reading took me to the familiar verses in Ecclesiastes, chapter 3.


For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. 
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NLT

Order. Living and dying. Tearing down and building up. Crying and laughing. Grieving and Dancing.

Reading several more verses I found this...

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. 
He has planted eternity in the human heart...
Ecclesiastes 3:11a NLT

No wonder there is this longing for order and beauty. Made in the image of my Creative God, I long to create order and beauty in my surroundings.

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace...
1 Corinthians 14:33a NLT



There is also the need for order and peace in our lives. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. We are made in His image. He made us for order.


* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!