Monday, October 8, 2012

Finding the Marvelous in the Mundane

31 Days of Order - Day 8

This morning I was inspired by Beth Moore's blog post, Beauty in the Threadbare.

She spoke of beauty that is felt not seen. Those things that are beautiful to you because they make you feel something another person may not feel. The simple things. She said, "Simple things tend to have more manners. They won’t say a word if you don’t let them."

How many beauty moments have I missed because I've been distracted by the undisciplined busyness and mess calling my name loud?


Now I say this for your own welfare and profit, 
not to put [a halter of] restraint upon you, 
but to promote what is seemly and in good order 
and to secure your undistracted and 
undivided devotion to the Lord.
 1 Corinthians 7:35 AMP

At the risk of too much explaining, I must say I realize this verse is toward the end of the apostle Paul's discourse on the benefits of remaining unmarried in order to better serve the Lord. I am all for being married. However, the principle thing we can pull from this verse is the importance of order in our lives so we can give our "undistracted and undivided devotion to the Lord."

"May God grant us this day a whisper of His beauty 
that sweeps right past our vision and 
dives deeply like a stream into our world-parched souls."
 - Beth Moore

Father, open my eyes to Your beauty moments around me. Help me to order my world, inside and out, removing those focus-stealing places of clutter.

* * * * * * * * * * *

This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.


1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to read and join the conversation. I love hearing from you!